Residential Sprinkler Systems
Fire Sprinklers will design, supply, install and commission systems to BS9251: 2014 which is the code of practice for the installation of automatic sprinkler systems to residential buildings. With new building regulations newly built residential buildings and extensions to existing Nursing homes require a fire suppression system.
These systems can be installed with their own UPS supply so negates the need for a back-up generator (building height above 18 meters may require a back-up generator).
There are a number of benefits by installing a Sprinkler System:
- Increase in fie escape travel distances.
- Open plan living which will eliminate:
1. Lobbies, fire doors
2. Passive fire protection
3. Fire dampers for the mechanical contractor
- Sprinklers can eliminate the requirement for an additional stair core.
- Enable staffing levels to decrease.